Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Short Survival Guide

When you’re a mom, obviously you’re never alone. There is PLENTY of company in my near-8 month old baby, she is a presence in my life that few can compare to, but still. It gets lonely sometimes. Especially when you live in a small town where your social scene isn’t what most people would call huge. 

I am lucky enough to have a great boyfriend in my life too, which also remedies loneliness, but as much as I love kickin’ it with the fabulous Niels, I enjoy having a nice girly night every once in a while. 

Top Five Things to do with Girlfriends that Boyfriends and Babies aren’t down with:

1. Go out dancing.

2. Drink Bacardi Breezers.

3. Watch “Sex and the City” and laugh your butts off.

4. Go clothes shopping (I DO do this with baby Mia, but the stroller tends to get in the way…).

5. Dig on Prince.

So, what do you do when your two best friends in the world are on separate sides of the country? Or more specifically, the one you’ve been friends with since first grade and survived everything with is back packing in Australia, and the fabulous, feminist pile of awesomeness you met in high school who taught you plenty about yourself is back in the States while you’re stuck in rural Norway. 

Top Five Things to do When Best Friends Aren’t Around:

1. Watch excessive amounts of movies that remind you of them (Purple Rain, Clueless, Eckbos Beste).

2. Hang out with Fabulous Boyfriend.

3. Facebook-chat with them.

4. Buy/make cool presents for when you see them again.

5. Be excited for when they get back.

Anita, Reina and all my gals in Syracuse. I miss the crap outta you guys. 

2 comments:

l. rizzo said...

i think that i would like a top 5 list devoted entirely to myself. and all the things that you love or hate about me.

Anonymous said...

iiii think more people should make lists specifically for leah.

grrrrrl just wait 'til you get back.